Thursday, March 24, 2011

M.I.A and some new kicks!

Yes, I am still alive....barely =) We had the flu of 2011 hit our house in a HUGE way! I have honestly never been so sick with the flu in my entire life. I had a fever of 103 for 5 days and was not able to hold food or water down for almost 4 days. My head hurt so bad I could barely lift my head. Ande was about the same although thank God not quite as bad. I would not wish that on my worst enemy! I finally went to work after missing 4 days. It has taken me a few days to regain my strength and get back into the swing of things. On a good note I lost 5 pounds =) Although not a diet I would recommend either. So enough of the sick talk onto more fun topics...shopping =)

I went shopping with my favorite partner (Grandma) a couple weeks ago and I came home with a few new items. I needed a new pair of shoes for work since it's getting warmer out and we normally wear tennis shoes in the spring/summer. I wanted to try some of the new shape up shoes. I hate the way the Sketchers brand looks but I found a Reebok kind that I liked. They are the Reebok Easy Tones. They are super comfortable and actually made my legs sore after I had worn them all day! I like the extra cushion on the bottom since I have flat feet.
I found mine at Kohls. That place is seriously dangerous for grandma and I =) She found a bunch of stuff for her kitchen there. A new clock, a big multi picture frame for over the mantle and a few other things I forget right now! Where did we ever shop before Kohls? I also needed a pair of rain boots for when I take the dog out or on a walk. It's so wet and sloppy out right now I hate to go out with my regular shoes. So yes I bought 2 pairs of shoes in 1 day =) But I really, really needed them and these boots were just too cute to pass up.



After Kohls we went to Bath and Body Works. We were armed with coupons and ready to buy some yummy smelling candles. I fell in love with the Peach Bellini scent. I am kinda obsessive compulsive when it comes to scents in my house. I have to have the same scent through the whole house. Same scent candles, air freshener, wall plug ins etc... So my house is smelling light Peach Bellini right now and I LOVE it. So does Ande =) I also found their new line of hand soap. It is fresh picked fruits. They had cherry, strawberry, watermelon and blueberry. I picked cherry, it reminds me of the cherries my Grandma uses to make her cherry pies... its's wonderful!

Grandma found some cute things as well. She has been looking for new things to hang in the kitchen and we found an awesome, huge clock and a few other things that she was really happy with. I have said this before but I will say it a million times. I love shopping with my Grandma and just doing things together. She is my best friend in the whole world and I can't imagine my life without her or my Grandpa. They are such a huge part of my life and the only place I have ever felt 100% unconditional love. It is such a blessing to wake up everyday and look across my yard and see their house, to honk my horn at them every morning on the way to work, to be able to call them 3 times daily just to say "hey, what are you doin?" and most important just knowing they are there for me day and night! Sweet dreams everyone!







1 comment:

  1. A good motivator is the nike+ feature. You dont have to have nike+ shoes as you can buy the little carry bag thing that will hook on your shoe laces. But, it tracks your pace and how far you run/walk. You can set goals for yourself; miles you want to achieve in a certain time frame or how many times you want to work out. I LOVE mine!

    ReplyDelete