Monday, February 28, 2011

A little of this and a little of that.....

I haven't posted for a few days so this one will be all over the place. This past Saturday I worked all day and after work got the chance to have an early dinner with my amazing cousins, Gina and Renee. Our family is a lot smaller than most and I only have 2 cousins! Compared to Ande who has too many for me to count right now..it's so funny how different families can be. We had a wonderful Mexican dinner with wonderful conversation. I feel like I am at a place in my life right now where I need all the support that I can get from my "real" family. Those of you who know me well know what I have had to go through with my mother and step-father my whole life. While I have tried to move on and forgive and forget what they have done to me..it's still really hard. Without going into detail, there is just a lot of "junk" going on right now and I would appreciate your prayers. So it was awesome to have the support and encouragement of Gina and Renee. They are amazing mothers, wives, daughters etc.... Most important they are such STRONG women of faith! I feel like they will be my back bone when I really need it. I love you guys xoxoxo!
The rest of the weekend was pretty laid back. Lots of hanging out on the couch curled up under the blankets. We went to church Sunday and had a very interesting speaker. After that we grabbed Quiznos for lunch and headed home for the rest of the night. Exciting I know! We both went to bed kinda early last night and we were woken up by that nasty storm that came through! The thunder was SOOO loud I thought it would rupture my ear drum! It felt so close. The lightning lit the sky up like it was daylight. I am most shocked that Bella was able to sleep through all of it. I am glad though that she didn't wake up and have to go to the bathroom! I think I would have had to pretend to be asleep on that one so Ande would take her put HA! Well then this morning we woke up to massive flooding everywhere! Grandma and Grandpa had water in the basement and in the pit in the garage(where Grandpa used to work on cars back in the day) Thank God for pumps that caught most of it early enough that we could get most of it out. We had to use a carpet cleaner to suck up the rest of the water that could not be sucked out with the pump. What a mess! It could have been much, much worse though. I know there are some out there who had to evacuate their homes! The roads were a mess today too. I was shocked to see all the pictures and videos today. We were so wrapped up in our own mess we really had no idea how bad it really was everywhere else. Here are a couple pictures of behind our house. Our yard was not that bad but these are pictures of the neighbors property.





After we got all the water under control we decided that our beautiful pup was starting to stink from being out in the rain and mud the last couple days. So we decided that today would be a great day for a bath =) Thank God Ande was home for 1 more day. She is just getting so big these days that it is just easier with 2 people. I LOVE her pet shampoo. It smells so good and makes her fur soooo soft! We use the Bed Head brand pet shampoo...Pet Head. It is a little pricey but it is totally worth it. 1 bottle usually last 3 or 4 baths so I don't think that's too bad. They have a few different scents and so far i have liked them all. I sound like a commercial or an ad for the stuff huh?? I wish they would throw some free product my way =)


After her bath I always dry her with the blow dryer. I HATE a wet dog! After she was all dry we realized that the fur by her rear end is kinda curly! I had never noticed that before...I thought is was cute =) Here is our little chic all nice and clean.


                                                                Curly Sue!

Last but not least....Did anybody watch the Academy Awards last night? I only watch the Red Carpet arrivals just to see what everyone is wearing. I love seeing everyone all dressed up! Some look amazing, others not so much! Here were a few of my favorites of the night.




Hope you all have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment